Last Updated January 23, 2020
Artrepreneur is a user-generated content platform where artists, designers, art lovers, creative organizations, and other members of the visual arts community can promote creative work, buy and sell art, find opportunities, and interact with a talented group of creatives from around the world.
We hope that our platform empowers our members to pursue their creative passions. We have created these Community Guidelines to establish a Code of Conduct to foster a safe and welcoming environment that encourages and inspires everyone to be successful artrepreneurs.
All members must adhere to these Guidelines as incorporated into our Terms of Service.
Anyone over 13 years old may join Artrepreneur and set up a free account. You may join as a:
- Visual artist
- Creative organization
You may also upgrade to a paid Pro account for additional features. (See our Pricing Page for differences between account types).
Providing Basic Account Information
When joining you will be asked to provide some basic information about yourself, including your name and location. You don’t have to use your real name on Artrepreneur however, you must use a valid email address so that we can contact you.
However, members who add work to the marketplace in excess of $5,000, are required to use their legal name or corporate entity name on your account, along with other detailed information as listed in our Marketplace Rules.
You must also not impersonate other people, regardless of whether they are members of Artrepreneur or not.
Other than the basic information required during the join process, nothing else is required to set up your account. However, if you are a visual artist or creative organization, we highly recommend that you upload artwork and add relevant information to your resume, such as a personal or artistic statement, to help other members, buyers, collectors, or potential clients and employers learn more about you and your creative process.
Creating Multiple Accounts
You may create multiple accounts, in some instances. For example, you may want both a personal account and a business account, or an account that highlights your graphic design work and another for photographic work.
It is unacceptable to create excessive multiple or fake accounts, to solicit or gain an unfair advantage over other members or violate any of our Policies and Guidelines.
If you create multiple legitimate accounts, please note that each account must use a unique email address. You will not be able to create multiple accounts with the same email. You may also add multiple email addresses to any account from your settings page.
We want all of our visitors and members to thrive in a welcoming environment where everyone feels comfortable sharing personal details, artwork, and ideas. Spammy behavior, offensive material, poor quality images, and other misuses of our platform can reduce how Artrepreneur is perceived by the public to the detriment of all of our members.
Please adhere to the following so that we can build a successful community.
Adding User Generated Content
- Intentionally adding irrelevant and excessive keywords can result in the removal of your artworks, portfolios, or suspension of your account. Please use relevant titles and keywords or hashtags. Proper keywords and titles are critical for your work to be discovered on Artrepreneur and on public search engines like Google. Note that our automated algorithms may also penalize keyword stuffing.
- Use proper categories to describe your artwork. Miscategorized work may be removed
- Text entry fields, whether accessible within your account or the platform in general, should be used for their intended purpose. For example, an artwork description should relate only to the artwork presented. Use of these areas for unrelated content, including but not limited to, political messaging, requests for donations or monetary gifts, or promotion of other unrelated social causes, is prohibited and may be deleted.
- We encourage our community to show other members their admiration by liking, adding favorites, or following members. However, abusing these actions for the purpose of artificially collecting likes, favorites, and followers or gaining an advantage over other members may result in the termination of your account. Artrepreneur has the sole discretion to determine what may be considered abuse of these actions.
- Please follow our Image Upload Guidelines before uploading your artwork.
- Artwork made available for sale must be done through the Artrepreneur marketplace. You may not use descriptive areas to solicit sales outside of the Marketplace. (Note that our commission on sales is only 10% for members with free accounts) See the Marketplace Rules for more information.
- Don’t be disrespectful or use abusive language that is degrading to any of our members.
- The harassment of our members will not be tolerated. Please refrain from making negative, abusive or threatening comments about members or their work, either on publicly available pages or private messages through our messaging system. If you feel you or someone else is being harassed, please contact us with your concern.
- Spam & unsolicited self-promotion through our messaging system is not permitted. There are many ways to use Artrepreneur to promote yourself and your work but you should refrain from spammy behavior. This includes sending messages in bulk, especially when deceptive or commercial in nature.
- Don’t use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any content on Artrepreneur.
- We will remove:
- sexual content that we deem to be pornographic at our sole discretion. Nudity and erotic images are permitted but may be flagged as “explicit.” Members may hide explicit content vis the switch on their settings page. If you believe that your work has been falsely classified as explicit or believe certain images should be marked as explicit, please contact support.
- content that is offensive, illegal, or inappropriate such as statements or images that promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual. We will work with law enforcement as necessary to address these issues.
- content that displays, rationalizes, or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders, or substance abuse. We may contact law enforcement or suicide prevention on a case-by-case basis.
- hate speech and discrimination, whether artistic in nature or as descriptive content on your profile.
- content in the marketplace that sells regulated goods, such as drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and other hazardous materials. Non-marketplace content that promotes the use of regulated products may be removed at our discretion.
- any content that does not comply with our Policies and Guidelines to ensure that Artrepreneur remains safe and useful to all our members. (See the Policies and Guidelines section of our Help Center)
- Bullying, threats of physical harm, theft, vandalism, and other financial harm will not be tolerated. This includes aggressive behavior, coercive language, or threats of using social media platforms as a means to dominate or intimidate members. This behavior will result in the termination of your account and/or contacting the relevant authorities.
- If you use other services, such as social media platforms, to direct harassment towards our members, we will consider it a violation of these Guidelines, which may result in the suspension of your account.
- Please follow all relevant laws and regulations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You retain the rights to your uploaded artwork and written content. However, you do grant limited rights to Artrepreneur so that we can provide the platform’s services, such as the ability to distribute your work to the public. You also grant Society6 the right to distribute your content. We will only use the rights provided to provide our services. We will not exploit your work or use it in a manner that is outside the platform’s purpose or your benefit. You can find more detailed information in our Terms of Service.
We want to help our members to become successful artrepreneurs and will do our best to provide a platform and other opportunities that can best achieve that goal.
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringement
We do not tolerate infringement of intellectual property rights. If you find that your artwork is being infringed, please see our DMCA Policy page for instructions on removing the infringing content.
Users who are found to have multiple works that infringe on the intellectual property rights of our members or continue to upload infringing content may have their account deleted, at our sole discretion.
GETTING TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Artrepreneur is a robust platform with many features that benefit our members. We use a modern architecture that may not run on older devices, browsers, and operating systems. If you find that certain features or functions are not working, please ensure that your operating system and browser software are up-to-date. If you are using a mobile device that is several years old, please try another device or computer before contacting support.
On occasion, we may find bugs or other issues that we didn’t catch before releasing our updates to the public. Please help us to identify the bugs that may have slipped through so that we can squash them. We appreciate your help. Report a bug here.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about pour Marketplace Rules, you may contact us using the information below:
By mail: Orangenius Inc., DBA Artrepreneur. 511 Ave of the Americas Unit #934, New York, NY 10011